Montevideo Climate & Temperature
- Montevideo, Uruguay is at 34°51'S, 56°12'W, 16 m (52 ft). See map.
- Montevideo has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Montevideo is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 15.8 degrees Celsius (60.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12 °C (21.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 14.7°C (58.4°F) on average falling to 6°C (42.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 20°C (68°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 9.7°C (49.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27°C (80.6°F) and average low temperatures are 15.7°C (60.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 21.3°C (70.4°F) during the day and lows of 11.7°C (53°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1015 mm (40 inches) which is equivalent to 1015 Litres/m² (24.9 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2905 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Montevideo you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Mokp"o, North Korea where you would find a Humid subtropical climate.
Montevideo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Montevideo Climate Graph in Metric Units
Montevideo Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Montevideo, Uruguay Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Paso De Los Toros, Uruguay - 229.9 kms (142.9 miles) N
- Gualeguaychu, Argentina - 303.4 kms (188.5 miles) NW
- Mercedes, Uruguay - 247.5 kms (153.8 miles) NW
- Colonia, Uruguay - 150 kms (93.2 miles) WNW
- Aeroparque B. Aires, Argentina - 205.1 kms (127.4 miles) W
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - 210.8 kms (131 miles) W
- Ezeiza, Argentina - 213 kms (132.4 miles) W
- Prado, Uruguay - 1.4 kms (0.9 miles) SSW
- La Plata, Argentina - 155.6 kms (96.7 miles) W
- Punta Indio, Argentina - 114.1 kms (70.9 miles) WSW
- Dolores, Argentina - 216.9 kms (134.8 miles) SW